Re: [linux-audio-user] powerbook speaker/ audio out switch

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] powerbook speaker/ audio out switch
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 21:46:00 EET

[off-topic]

Tobias Ulbricht wrote:

> > on my girlfriend's pismo g3, line out works, but you cannot
> > completely mute the speakers, which pretty much rules out listening
> > to music on a train or a plane :(
>
> or in a sports hall...:)

for the rest of the world who probably didn't get this side-swipe:

i was using the pbook to listen to harry potter audiobooks in the
evenings in the gym where we spent the nights during last year's
linuxtag (all those impoverished geeks who couldn't expense their
accomodation).
i stuffed plenty of clothing on the speakers, but obviously tobias
could not help overhearing it anyway :)
[anyway, he has no reason to complain: it was the really good part
where hermione threatens to whack the slytherin guys...]

will bring a decent player this year. promised.

see you again this year,

jörn

--
Computer Science is no more about computers than
astronomy is about telescopes.