Re: [linux-audio-user] record .wav to cassette tape?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] record .wav to cassette tape?
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau_AT_firstlinux.net)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 13:44:27 EET

If you have a tape deck that can record then all you need to do is plug it into the main out on your sound card. Start recording with the tape and then start playing your .wav.

The opposite is slightly more complicated. You can see an arecord howto at the Linux Audio Users Guide.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

--- author <millward_AT_Ms.Umanitoba.CA> wrote: >I've got a .wav file I'd like to >transfer to cassett tape. Could someone >tell me how to do this? >I'm using Red Hat linux 7.2 with >Creative Labs PCI 128 but I'll soon >be installing the cheap version of >a Sound Blaster Live, so I'll have >two sound cards installed. >I'm told you can do this with linux, Y/N? >I hope one of these cards is capable >of moving .wav files to and from >cassett tape using linux. >Any comments would be very welcome since >I've got no idea how to do this.

_____________________________________________________________ Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net