[linux-audio-user] Basic Linux Sound card

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Basic Linux Sound card
From: Rich (rich_AT_cnylug.org)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 01:34:42 EET

  I know this has been asked in the past, but please allow me to
ask it again.

 For now all I want is a normal sound card when I build my new
linux box (waiting for tax return) and I recall reading that the
SB-Live (or whatever it is) resamples everything to 48k for
internal processing. This doesn't sound good to me.

 What sound card is out there without this "feature" that is well
supported under linux (I'll probably run the latest version of Red
Hat).

 Rich...