Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 15:39:28 EET

jordan muscott hat gesagt: // jordan muscott wrote:

> Ive succesfully got ttrk sending midi to both SpiralSynthmodular and the
> midi-out on my soundcard using the aconnect tricks explained earlier in
> the thread. Also, Shaketracker (which i finally built after giving the
> configure script a --disable-gtkmmtest flag... ) is sending midi to
> SpiralSynthMod with the help of
> $ aseqview -d 73:00
>
> Is there any way of using aseqview to tell shaketracker to send the data
> to both my soundcard and a softsynth?
>
> with aconnect i just do:
>
> $aconnect 72:0 73:0 (73:0 is where SpiralSynth is listening)
> $ aconnect 72:0 64:0 ( 64:0 is my externel midi)

At first I thought

$ aseqview -d 73:0,64:0

would do the trick, but I must have misunderstood the man page: this didn't
work as expected. Instead one can use the known command "aseqview -d 73:0"
and then "aconnect" more ports to the aseqview port:
$ aconnect 128:0 73:1
$ aconnect 128:0 73:2
and so on...

This gives:
$ aconnect -lo
[...]
client 128: 'MIDI Viewer' [type=user]
    0 'Viewer Port 0 '
        Connecting To: 73:0, 73:1, 73:2

I didn't test this thoroughly, but it should work that way.

Ciao

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______