Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]
From: Nathaniel Virgo (nev_AT_spectragon.uklinux.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 00:20:08 EET

Yay, I've just got it to work!

In case anyone has the same problem, I solved it by adding the following
lines to /etc/modules.conf:

alias sound-service-1-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-1-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias snd-card-1 snd-card-virmidi

# (as per Frank Barknecht's instructions), followed by

options snd-card-virmidi snd_index=1
options snd snd_cards_limit=2

, which I got from the alsa-user archives I think. It now works perfectly.