[linux-audio-user] [ot] beware the ides of dorkbot...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] [ot] beware the ides of dorkbot...
From: douglas irving repetto (douglas_AT_music.columbia.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 20:57:26 EET

it's cold! finally! put on your ski mask and get your chilly bottom in
gear -- it's dorkbot time.

the next dorkbot-nyc meeting will take place at the columbia university
computer music center on wednesday, march 6th at 7pm.

the next dorkbot-london meeting will take place on wednesday march 13th.
details about the london meeting forthcoming...

-----

this month at dorkbotnyc:

Stefan Prosky: Video of FSEI
Food Secret Extraction Interface a.k.a. the "tortured pickle". An
interactive blackly comic audio/visual sculpture concerning the
trustworthyness of food, capitol punishment . All controlled / run by
our old serial friend MIDI. Starring Several custom built Midi
controllers, Max/MSP/Nato, and a well known character Actor. Don't miss
the work that has been rejected from several NY art expositions because
of its Smell.

Tom Igoe: Recent Work
Tom Igoe is interested in how our bodies relate to each other, to the
spaces we move through, and to the objects and tools we build. He is
involved in performance of various kinds and design for human-machine
interfaces. With a background in theatre lighting and stage design, he
is currently teaching and researching physical interaction design. He
also consults on production, research, and development related to these
areas. He will present a background on the ITP physical computing
program, as well as some current and recent personal projects.

Leon Gruenbaum: The Samchillian Tip Tip Tip Cheeepeeeee
The Samchillian Tip Tip Tip Cheeepeeee is a keyboard MIDI controller of
my own invention based on changes of pitch, rather than fixed pitches.
This scheme gives the performer the ability to perform extremely quick,
rhapsodical lines. In the current incarnation I use a modified ergonomic
PC computer keyboard which plugs into a "black box" containing the
circuitry that generates MIDI information. This information is then sent
to a sampler or synthesizer which creates the sound.

details, directions, etc. on the dorkbot.org website.

douglas