[linux-audio-user] asoundrc documentation exists online!

Subject: [linux-audio-user] asoundrc documentation exists online!
From: Samuel S Chessman (chessman_AT_tux.org)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 17:00:28 EET

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

> It doesn't make much sense to me. Are there other docs?

The best reference I have seen is in the ALSA docs. See
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/pcm_plugins.html
and thanks to the ALSA team for providing documentation that is usable
with examples.

There is a lot of documentation here but the above link shows how
to setup a .asoundrc for many different purposes. I used it
to get my M-audio ice1712 configured for two channels as I have
an audiophile and it really is a 2x2 in 2x2 out card.

--
   Sam Chessman                                               chessman_AT_tux.org
    First do what's necessary, then what's possible, finally the impossible.