Re: [OT] Re: [linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID

Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [linux-audio-user] debian, 2.4x, alsa-0.9.0beta12, ymfpci HOWDID
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 13:26:03 EET

To the original poster: I will happily help with the PHP code, whatever
way you want to go about it.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 11:56:05 +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> > Are you using flock (http://uk.php.net/manual/en/function.flock.php)?
>
> sorry, forgot about that. the php engine on linuxdj.com is so
> f&%$ing ancient that it does not have this function :(

You should really upgrade, the early 3.0's had some serious bugs.

> > I wouldn't do that. I don't know how busy the website is, but on my main
> > site the daily logs are > 50meg. You don't want to parse them more than
> > you have to.
>
> agreed. so make that a cronjob instead.

That's OK if you have a seperate machine to do log processing, but I
wouldn't run it on the same machine as the webserver myself.

I guess it depends on the ratio of tracked files to untracked files.

- Steve