Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] amSynth 1.0beta1
From: Nick D (nixx_AT_nixx.org.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 11:47:27 EET

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:39:07 +0000
jordan muscott <morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> hi ---
>
> again would like to say this looks cool. another bug report tho im afraid. I was playing amSynth via the midi on yamaha dx11, and when i pressed one of the buttons on the dx (to switch from single play mode to performance mode) X froze and amSynth was sending out a very distorted signal.
>
> dont know what happens when you press those buttons on the dx -- maybe it sends out some sysex info or something,

thanks.

i think this might be the same problem that everyone else is having - amSynth doesn't (atm) limit the number of notes it tries to play simultaneously. trying to play too many notes will do exactly what you have described.. although why pressing this button would trigger this i don't know.

if this happens, release all the notes, and then keep pressing *one* note again and again.. does this recover from the problem?

i would be grateful if you could let me know - it will let me figure out if it's a bug in my midi parsing code or simply the old polyphony problem..

cheers,
nick