[linux-audio-user] Announcement: MPST Digital Jukebox

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Announcement: MPST Digital Jukebox
From: Mike Patnode (mike_AT_mpsharp.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 09:46:12 EET

The MPST Digital Jukebox is a Linux based embedded CD/MP3/OGG ripper
and player (and real-soon-now) burner made for a non-Linux user's home
entertainment system. The box is mostly remote and LCD controlled and
the GUI is ran through a VNC client (or a touch-screen) such that the
user never sees the Linux Desktop or shell interface. The Jukebox is
actually a Via C3 home built system designed to run silent and cool. It
does not require cooling fans and makes very little hard disk noise.

The hardware design and code is all open source. The code was based
heavily on DigitalDJ and Grip. I merged the two source bases, rewrote
the UI and added LIRC and LCDProc support. I'd love to take it to the
next step and start manufacturing, but too many others (HP, SonicBlue,
etc) have beat me to the punch.

Please take a look at it and tell me what you think. I'm also curious
how many others have gone down the same path. There are also some
interesting problems I'm still trying to find better solutions for.

   http:/www.mpsharp.com

mp