Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN:] Linux MIDI-HOWTO v1.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN:] Linux MIDI-HOWTO v1.1
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 19:19:45 EEST

Phil Kerr wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The updated (v.1.1) MIDI-HOWTO can now be found on the LDP website:
>
> http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/MIDI-HOWTO.html
>
> Updated:
> Extended install (ALSA 0.9) and configuration section.
> Updated links section
> New MIDI development section (code examples)
>
> Thanks to the LAD's for posting MIDI examples!
>
> Feedback welcomed.
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

Thanks Phil for doing this.

If others agree, IMHO it might be best to change this sentence in
section 7:

"If you are going to be using ALSA 0.5x divers, I suggest a good read of
Valentijn Sessink's Alsa-sound-mini-HOWTO which can be found at the link
below:"

to something like this:

"Don't use the ALSA 0.5.x drivers. They are old, obsolete and no longer
developed. The 0.9.x series are the drivers you should use."

-Eric Rz.