Re: [linux-audio-user] Unable to record MIDI with ALSA serial driver

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Unable to record MIDI with ALSA serial driver
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 02:12:48 EEST

Tevian Dray wrote:

> At this point, I have no idea whether the problem is alsa, jazz, my hardware,
> or some silly configuration error... I'm about ready to give up and try jazz
> on a windows machine. (Sigh.)

Oh, don't do that just yet. :)

Have you tried Alsa 0.9.0beta12?

The 0.5.x versions of alsa are old and obsolete. The 0.9.x series in
general works much better. Before giving up on linux audio/midi please
try the most recent version of alsa. I know the alsa-project web site
still says that 0.5.x is the stable version. But, that will hopefully be
changed soon.

There are others on this list and on alsa-users that are doing what you
want to do with linux.

-Eric Rz.