Re: [linux-audio-user] General Question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] General Question
From: xk (xk_AT_myrealbox.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 01:56:29 EEST

> > Created, as opposed to processed would imply that most of the
> > instruments are synthesised on Linux, from samples or synths.
> > You could record one/two real instruments and, of course, the voice.
>
> I think that's a bit too restrictive. I've written a cello piece using
> lilypond, printed it with cups, (am going to) play it on my cello and
> record it with ALSA and ecasound, edit it in snd, then stick it on the
> web using vi and scp. I'd say that the music was "created using linux".

I agree :) But in your case the computer was involved in all the steps
except the real playing of the instrument.

It seems that you are all against me, so what can I say? You're right!!!

But I still think that saying that a song was 'created with Linux' just
because you normalized it and EQ it a little is an exageration.

Or maybe in English 'created' has a slightly different meaning that in my
language.