Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie introduction

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie introduction
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 16:59:39 EEST

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

[re: LADSPA]

> however, some plugins still allow bogus settings that can make them
> choke or crash...

From what I've been reading on the LAD list there seems to be some
concern for presenting usable defaults. I hope that work proceeds.

> but there are some really great plugins already, especially freeverb and gverb.

Indeed, but don't forget the tape delay effect, a really nice phaser,
the retro flange, the multiband EQ, the canyon delay line, and the
fractionally addressed delay. Lots of very sweet effects, mostly (but
not only) from Steve Harris.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org