Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: patch from takashi was:[Fwd: BOUNCE ...]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: patch from takashi was:[Fwd: BOUNCE ...]
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 20:04:13 EEST

Takashi Iwai wrote:

> At Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:26:19 +0200,
> Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> >
> > hi !
> >
> > this is a message from takashi iwai with an attached patch that has
> > bounced twice already.
> > it seems i have set up an over-eager spam filter.
>
> well, the problem is only that i did not know that.
> since it was handled as a spam, the mail was not returned, so i
> couldn't notice that it's gone.
>
> Jörn, could you put some notice on LAD page about this issue?

you are right, things should be documented.
handling bounces with majordomo is a pain, which is why i dropped
most ones silently.

we will be migrating the lists to mailman in the next few days, and
i already have a reworked lad page on my disk that will be rolled
out as soon as it's done, which has detailed information about how
we handle message filtering.

our list spam has created a huge headache for douglas (the server
admin), which is why i set up an extremely anal (and not quite
correct) spam filter in a hurry.

apologies to all LAU readers for any inconvenience this may have
caused.

best,

jörn

--
Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat
the yellow snow !