Re: [linux-audio-user] multitrack audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] multitrack audio
From: Joshua Haberman (joshua_AT_haberman.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 07:28:23 EEST

* matt yee-king (yeeking_AT_no-future.com) wrote:
> just built audacity (and another godammed toolkit)
>
> hooray! it seems really stable and its multichannel. bit thin on the old
> effects but hey - if i'm that bothered i should dig out my c programming
> book and learn how to write a ladspa interface for it.

This is already done in our unstable branch! Also featured in the
unstable branch is a modeless history window that lets you go directly to
any previous state, an editing toolbar, and (most recently) 24 and 32 bit
samples! There's a bunch more too, the 1.1 branch is a huge improvement
over the 0.9 branch (which is what we are currently releasing).

It's pretty stable too, though it may be slightly less stable than it was
two weeks ago because of the new sample size support. Here are
instructions for getting the unstable branch from CVS:

   http://audacity.sourceforge.net/developers.html

Joshua (Audacity developer)

--
Joshua Haberman  <joshua_AT_haberman.com>