Re: [linux-audio-user] multitrack audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] multitrack audio
From: Joshua Haberman (joshua_AT_haberman.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 20:36:36 EEST

* Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk) wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:28:23 -0700, Joshua Haberman wrote:
> > * matt yee-king (yeeking_AT_no-future.com) wrote:
> > > just built audacity (and another godammed toolkit)
> > >
> > > hooray! it seems really stable and its multichannel. bit thin on the old
> > > effects but hey - if i'm that bothered i should dig out my c programming
> > > book and learn how to write a ladspa interface for it.
> >
> > This is already done in our unstable branch! Also featured in the
> > unstable branch is a modeless history window that lets you go directly to
>
> Yeah, its really good too, although the version I have (from a few weeks
> back) doesn't seem to do multitrack output.

That's something that's on our todo list, but I don't know how high a
priority it is.

> Why is it thal all linux audio sw seems to be better in cvs? I guess thats
> a good sign :)

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer to be releasing code that so far behind our
unstable branch, but having the unstable branch gives us the freedom to
add big features (like multiple sample formats) that could leave the code
in a unstable or semi-broken state for a while. Basically Dominic said
he wants us going crazy on features for the 1.1 branch.

I believe that Dominic plans to release 1.0 and 1.1 simultaneously,
recommending 1.0 for stability and 1.1 for decent stability and tons more
features.

Joshua

--
Joshua Haberman  <joshua_AT_haberman.com>