Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] AlsaModularSynth 1.1.2
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 18:52:01 EEST

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Now here's my generic solution ready to cut and paste:
>
> for p in $(echo $LADSPA_PATH | sed -e 's/:/ /g'); do find $p -name "*.so" >> ~/.amsrc ; done

Perhaps this could be worked into Dr. Nagorni's scripts ?

I'm getting no joy from a hook-up like this one:

        envelope -> ladspa_organ -> mixer -> pcm_output

The MIDI window shows that the MIDI note-on events are being received,
so I'm sure the error is user-based. :) I have the ALSA patch bay set
up to direct input from my first MIDI device (Casio CZ101 into SBLive
MIDI port) to the synth, but I get no sound. As mentioned before, I do
get sound from the example_multi.ams patch.

On a related point: I'm also not getting joy from the MusE -> RTSynth
connection via the patch bay (or aconnect). The devices show up
correctly, but nothing seems to be reaching RTSynth (it plays correctly
when driven from the external MIDI port though).

Suggestions ??

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org