Re: [linux-audio-user] Suggestions needed for editing application

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Suggestions needed for editing application
From: Greg House (ghunicycle_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 20:18:13 EEST

Thanks for the suggestions. Command line is fine with me, but I'll need
some method of listening closely to precise sections to determine
precise edit points. I'd guess that an editor with a graphical
interface would be easier for this, since I know there is a large time
gap near each split point, so it should be easy to see.

I don't need crossfading or anything like that, just the ability to
split up the files (since a 120 minute wav file obviously won't fit on
a 74 minute CD).

Someone told me awhile back that SoundForge (on Windoze) had a feature
where you could just scroll through the file in the viewer, drop
markers at various points, and then invoke a certain function and it
would pull out each marked section into a seperate file. That sounds
ideal. Something similar to that would be what I'd want, if it were
available.

Greg