Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsaplayer not working on M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsaplayer not working on M-Audio Audiophile 2496
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 14:44:56 EEST

Andrew Nesbit hat gesagt: // Andrew Nesbit wrote:

> Could somebody please help to get alsaplayer working with this card.
> This is the error after executing "alsaplayer -o alsa" (slightly
> edited for readability):
>
> Unavailable hw params:
> ACCESS: RW_INTERLEAVED
> FORMAT: S16_LE
> SUBFORMAT: STD
> SAMPLE_BITS: 16
> FRAME_BITS: 32
> CHANNELS: 2
> RATE: 44100
> failed to configure output device...trying OSS
> error on set_periods (7)

Alsaplayer is trying to use the Audiophile's ALSA hardware layer (hw)
in a format, that the chip on the Audiophile cannot do.

> This is on a Debian system, with alsaplayer, alsaplayer-alsa and
> alsaplayer-gtk packages installed.
Wich version of alsaplayer do you use?

I have an older version, 0.99.53, and I can use OSS emulation on my
Audiophile, but I didn't figure out, how to use ALSA's plugin layer
directly.
ciao,

--
 Frank Barknecht                                  _ _______footils__