Re: [linux-audio-user] Reading TEXTURE files?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Reading TEXTURE files?
From: Mark Constable (markc_AT_renta.net)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 12:31:14 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:
> On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 08:22:22 -0500, Joseph Zitt wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know a way to convert or import TEXTURE files into something
>>currently usable?
>
> http://www.nosuch.com/mostly-midi/archive/texture.zoo ?
>
> (found by google). I have no idea whats in the zoo file, I would guess its
> an msdos exe.

I was curious as it rings a bell from my old Amiga days. It
indeed contains TXO.C and TXO.EXE for msdos but the source
code compiled just fine with...

  gcc -O2 TXO.C -o txo -lm

And remarkably I apt-begot a linux "zoo" package that worked.
I suspect the source was written on an Amiga because the source
file did not have \r\n line feeds, it was just \n which AmigaOS
uses (great OSes think alike :-)

--markc