RE: [linux-audio-user] SuSE 8.0 kernel & PE/LL patches question

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] SuSE 8.0 kernel & PE/LL patches question
From: mikko.a.helin_AT_nokia.com
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 15:18:11 EEST

Thanks, Takashi.

Do you have any idea why I couldn't install the jack package on

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/8.0-i386/

some dependent library (libsndlib.so or something like it) was reported missing.

Also the links didn't work through the internet connection at my home (IE bug/ proxy problem?).

Anyway, I'm going with the vanilla kernel and compile ALSA 0.9 from spm's. I've already patched the kernel with pe and ll patches, but I'd like also to include the RTC patch, and _maybe_ try the Robert Love's latency-measurement and lock-break patches, though they should just do the same as ll patches do. It would be fine if you could have a choice of installing low-latency kernel when installing SuSE (in YaST2). You really have to be a hacker to be able to use this technology...

-Mikko