Re: [linux-audio-user] Digital Audio Data out of laptop

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Digital Audio Data out of laptop
From: D. Sen (dsen_AT_homemail.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 21:23:55 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 02:00:23 -0400, D. Sen wrote:
>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>So, in addition to the datport (which I assume is supported under linux
>>using the USB drivers?) I need a box which will convert the SPDIF
>>digital data to analog output (something like :
>>http://www.lucidaudio.com/products/product_da_9624_info.htm ).
>>
>>Now I need to figure out how to do this for more than two channels.
>

> Buy a HDSP ;) Its a much better solution.

:) Thanks.

> If you want a resonable number of channels, USB is not really fast enough.

I might try both out though (if I can convince my employers to fork out
the $$). The USB solution is convenient as I can just connect to my
docking station (dont have to plug the PCMCIA card in and out). And it
sounds like it should work well for two channels....albeit not for low
sampling rates...

--
D. Sen, PhD