[linux-audio-user] audio CD burning bug

Subject: [linux-audio-user] audio CD burning bug
From: ed orphan (millward_AT_Ms.UManitoba.CA)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 16:46:43 EEST

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with
burning audio CDs.
Sometimes the blank CD, after being burnt, has a spike
of white noise on a track or two. This sounds terrible.
I've had this happen with both Memorex CD-R 700 MB
and Kodak CD-R Gold Ultima 650 MB using
windows98 Burning Rom and Linux cdrecord.
My friend has this problem too, and he uses windows ME
with a different make burner, different software, and
uses Sony CD-Rs.
  Is there some way to avoid these white-noise spikes?
Is dosn't always happens, but often enough to be
very aggivating.