RE: [linux-audio-user] Behrenger mixers

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Behrenger mixers
From: Joachim Backhaus (jbackhaus_AT_pironet-ndh.com)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 09:41:19 EEST

> Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Behrenger mixers
>
> behringer offers quite a lot of bang for the buck, but since
> they are so
> outworldly cheap, the amount of bang is still rather limited ;)
> i found the eqs to be nice, but the board is a bit noisy.

I have a Behringer MX 2642 A and I have a pro soundcard,
but I don't get any noise from the mixer.

Formerly I have had a Yamaha RM 602 which was very noisy
compared to the Behringer.

So I can recommend the Behringer Mixers with a quiet conscience.

And they are not that similar to Mackie as many people think.
I've never seen something like the MX 2642 in the Mackie product
line.

The only thing that is consistently found fault in the Behringer
Mixers is the EQ, which is not as good as a Mackie EQ.

To be shure I recommend you to test the mixer in your local
music store.

Regards,
J.Backhaus