Re: [linux-audio-user] How to reduce Background noise

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to reduce Background noise
From: Juan Linietsky (coding_AT_reduz.com.ar)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 10:21:34 EEST

On Thu, 30 May 2002 11:33:37 +0530
ramalakshmi <ramalakshmi_AT_ncoretech.com> wrote:

> Hi All ,
> I am using sound chip UCB 1200 and i am using oss sound APIs. If
> i will try to record from the sound chip lot of background noise
> is coming.
> Could you plese tell me how to reduce that background noise.
> Thanks in Advance,
> Ramalakshmi

Well, background noise is the usual hell in computer based ADC cards.
There are two things you can do, the first one is to check that only
the input you are going to use is selected for record at the mixer.
The second one, and _very_ important (which most people seems to
ignore, so i'll never get tired of repeating it ;) is to make sure
that your computer and all devices connected to it are properly
grounded. Specially if they use heavy ac/dc converters. The case of
your computer is usually made of metal and it shares the ground with
everything else.

Regards

Juan Linietsky