[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Announcement: the AGNULA project

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Announcement: the AGNULA project
From: Nick Bailey (n.j.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 14:34:09 EEST

Dear François and other Agnula partners,

A big congratulations on getting EC funding directed towards
the noble open software cause! At the Centre for Music
Technology in Glasgow, we use *only* Debian in teaching audio
programming courses at final year level in Electronic
Engineering, and have a lab full of Debian GNU/Linux PPC
machines devoted to it. We also use GNU/Linux on our research
machines (mostly debian, but some other flavours too) and are
active in seeking out expert Open Software advocates to fill
our research posts, which are advertised on LAD. Indeed, we
are lucky enough to have Phil Kerr working with us at the
moment, who many list users will know from the DMIDI and MP3
HowTo resources.

We also insist on open solution alternatives when
implementing software for our projects, such as the EC-funded
Open Drama and Custodiev projects and take a strong position
on advocacy, such as espoused in the Circus project (also an
EC-funded activity on Technology in the Arts).

Obviously we are very interested indeed in your work, and
will keep a close eye on your web site and mail lists. I
would strongly encourage all list readers to do the same, and
expand the funding councils' obviously emerging interest in
the open source community.

Good luck!

Nick/