Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi interface-recommendations?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] usb midi interface-recommendations?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 09:15:22 EEST

matt yee-king wrote:

> Hello
>
> Anyone got a recommendation for a usb midi interface? my midisport 1x1
> doesn't work properly with my current kernel (2.4.19 benh ppc) but does
> with my old one (2.4.10 yellow dog) and i don't think i can fix it.
>
> cheers
>
> matthew

Did you see that Takashi Iwai has released the usb-audio driver for
alsa? You should try setting up with that if you have time.

I am interested in seeing how you go because I have the maduio quattro
and it uses the midisort interface too. So far we have not got sound out
of the device but it is registering in /proc/asound and lsusb has
provided useful info.

Another bonus is that Takashi's pet project is the alsa sequencer code
so you will be getting advice straight from the top.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur