Re: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Poll about linux music audio app usability
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 10:18:58 EEST

Joseph Zitt wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 03:36:22PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>>Joseph Zitt wrote:
>> Anything that involves rebuilding a
>>
>>>kernel or futzing with modules is a role for a sysadmin or someone
>>>equivalent, not an end-user.
>>>

>>Some people would say you are not playing the game so you shouldn't
>>complain. ;]
>

> Some people would say that the only way to win is not to play. Others
> would say that there is no spoon :-)

Yes it's true that for a lot of people getting things working in Linux
is not fun or challenging just a PITA. I have begun to believe that
either way if you are serious about Linux as a viable alternative then
you should should be prepared to go through the motions.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur