[linux-audio-user] toolame and xmms usage

Subject: [linux-audio-user] toolame and xmms usage
From: gob (gob_AT_subdimension.com)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 00:10:07 EEST

I want to convert 48 kHz mp2 files to 44.1kHz wav files. (derived from
my Wavefinder in ole blighty-DAB).

Could someone please give me guidance on the command line sequence to
achieve this if its possible? I recall having problems with this in the
past, where the downsampling results in encoding rather than decoding
which I desire.

Before I switched to Linux, I was using winamp, as it could do the whole
process in one step using a plugin. Is there such a plugin for xmms?

Thanks for your help

Tim