Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-dev] Ardour getting started help.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-dev] Ardour getting started help.
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 02:32:51 EEST

Mel Steinberg wrote:

> I've just started experimenting with Ardour, and picked up your tips.
> Danke Vielmals!!! They at least got me started getting the channel
> strips set up, and some sound into it. A GREAT help would be if someone
> could upload a ardour-session file, somewhere, that could be used as a
> template to be experimented with. I'm using the Ardour rpm that came
> with SuSE8.0.

> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/8.0/suse/snd3/ardour-cvs20020122-120.i386.rpm

if you feel comfortable compiling stuff yourself, please build jack and
ardour yourself. rpms outdate very rapidly...

as to sharing session files, i think that
's not a good idea.
(1) the session file format changes quite often atm
(2) the route/diskstream setup depends a lot on your hardware.

pull the protools manual from the digidesign website - ardour works very
similar. and read the faq while trying the stuff in ardour
simultaneously - this helped me a lot to get started.