Re: [linux-audio-user] recorder for streaming audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recorder for streaming audio
From: Mark Constable (markc_AT_renta.net)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 21:09:24 EEST

Dr. Matthias Nagorni wrote:

> I overlooked the "Music" and "Music Capture" sliders. They are
> responsable for emu10k1 internal capture. So activate "Music" capture and
> adjust the "Music Capture" level. For your purpose you can deactivate the
> "Wave" sliders (might reduce noise ?), they are only for internal PCM
> capture.

That's the one that did the trick. Thank you Matthias. I've made some
notes about how I produced these test oggs below. They are the same
smallish MIDI file played back through 4 different soundfonts on an
SBlive. The first link is the micro-Howto and the second are the 4
oggs comparing the 4 soundfonts; 2gmgsmt.sf2, 8mbgmsfx.sf2, pc1.sf2
(Personal Copy 1 50mb), and the mega 140mb fluid soundfont (which is
missing the bass voice unfortunately).

  http://alsa.opensrc.org/?SBliveCapture
  http://audio.opensrc.org/home/markc/

--markc