[linux-audio-user] FYI: Recording with USB Quattro

Subject: [linux-audio-user] FYI: Recording with USB Quattro
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 21:53:54 EEST

Just to let y'all know that I have just recorded cleanly in stereo
through the USB Quattro. Using a combination of ALSA-cvs, JACK,
lowlatency patched kernel 2.4.19-rc10, and ardour.

Some of the other things I had to do were check my video card driver was
running correctly and turn off some of the virtual desktop windows I had
open (was 9 now 6).

Hardware is:

CPU: PIV 1.5GHz
RAM: 384MB RDRAM
HDD: 2x7200rpm ide (one for os, one for recording to)
Sound: intel8x0, cmipci, USB Quattro soundcards
Video: 64MB Geforce2 DDR NVIDIA

Big shout outs to all the people who have worked on the previously
mentioned projects.

Let the fun begin :)

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.