Re: [linux-audio-user] alsaplayer won't give window

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] alsaplayer won't give window
From: Matt Price (matt.price_AT_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 18:57:55 EEST

Hi Patrick,

I downloaded the source for 0.99.71 and ran ./configure; make; make
install. Looking at the configure.status file I see that the gtk
interface was NOT loaded. Is there a straightforward way to add gtk?

I odn't get an error on the ocmmand line, and it'll play a song file if
I add the filename as an argument; otherwise it just pauses for a second
or two and returns ...finished playing.

I guess the problem is with gtk. If you know how to get it to load,
that'd be a big help. thanks,
matt

ps -- I have tried the debian packages, by the way; but they don't work
for me (maybe b/c I'm running alsa 0.9.rc2).