Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: CD audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: CD audio
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 11:37:40 EEST

Joseph Zitt wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:06:12 -0700
> Joseph Zitt <jzitt_AT_metatronpress.com> wrote:
>

>>Ah, I would never have guessed that that was the right plugin from the
>>description. (What does visualisation have to do with it?)
>>
>>But I built it from the tarball and it worked!
>>
>>... sort of. xmms plays the CD audio through the USB interface
>>beautifully for between 5-15 seconds (I tested it a few times), before
>>crashing and locking up so tight that the only way to get rid of the
>>process is to reboot.
>

> FWIW, after a bit more poking at it, I've found that the process does
> agree to be killed if I physically eject the CD first.
>
> Also, I get the following, which may or may not be informative, when
> running it from the command line:
>
> /usr/lib/xmms/Output/libesdout.so: undefined symbol: esd_get_latency

Check to see if you are running esd.

ps -aux

It may be turned on without your knowledge either by your desktop env or
by xmms. If it is you can kill it and restart xmms. That may or may not
fix things.

You can also try specifying the output plugin for xmms on the
commandline. There is also an alsa native plugin which you can download
from the xmms homepage.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur