Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: CD audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: CD audio
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 03:16:00 EEST

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 03:58:43PM -0700, Joseph Zitt wrote:
> I'm guessing (but uncertain) that it would be safe to remove it, since
> I'm running 2.4.18-3.

I think it would be safe; that's probably a binary kernel package,
and won't affect your 2.4.18-3 sources (or installed boot image).
But I can't swear to it since I've never used kernel RPMs.

> I'm noticing, btw, that the largest, close to
> three times
> the size of the next, is
> 113671309 kernel-source-2.4.18-3

Yes, kernel sources are large.

> Am I getting close to having enough room to rebuild the kernel?

You should have enough room.

Paul Winkler
home: http://www.slinkp.com
"Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"