Re: [linux-audio-user] Low-Latency 2.4.x with ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Low-Latency 2.4.x with ALSA
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 21:43:37 EEST

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 01:50:18PM -0500, Joseph Zitt wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 03:52:58AM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
>
> > If nothing looks like the right module, go back to /usr/src/linux,
> > run "make xconfig" again, and look for appropriate modules for
> > your card. For my pcmcia modem, IIRC all I had to do was go
> > into Character Devices, choose PCMCIA Character Devices (near
> > the bottom), and say Y to PCMCIA serial device support.
>
> Doing so, then saving the result, tells me:
>
> ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable (CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_PCMCIA).

You know, now that you mention it,
I've had the same error, and never figured out why,
nor can I find the option to turn it off since I'm pretty sure this
has nothing to do with the pcmcia serial devices.

AFAIKT it doesn't affect anything. Judging by the name, there might
be a problem if you had a pcmcia parallel-port device, but what the
heck would that be?

--PW

> (This reminds me of those so-called "games" where a character gets
> partway through a maze and gets killed... starts at the beginning,
> gets to that point, avoids what killed him, and gets killed again a
> moment later... starts at the beginning, passes that, and gets killed
> again... I've never quite figured out how people find that
> entertaining...)

Isn't that called "debugging"? ;)

--

Paul Winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com "Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"