Re: [linux-audio-user] {linux-audio-user] Sox resampling tips?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] {linux-audio-user] Sox resampling tips?
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 04:26:16 EEST

> Ok so I am about to use sox for the first time to resample a
> music DAT transfer. I want to resample from 48kHz to 44.1kHz
> usinf the higest possible quality, but I am a bit confused with
> the different switch options. Anyone sox users have any
> suggestions?

I don't know what's the current state of the sox resampling
algorithms, you might want to try Julius Smith's resample
command line utility. For the theory behind it you can visit:

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/resample

The program itself it at:
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/resample/resample-1.7.tar.gz
The resulting conversions are of a very good quality...
-- Fernando