[linux-audio-user] GWC, Debian and fftw

Subject: [linux-audio-user] GWC, Debian and fftw
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 23:32:55 EEST

After reading the recent thread on noise reduction, I thought I'd give
GWC a try.

There's no .deb for GWC (yet...)

I unpacked the tarball and ./configure complained:
checking for fftw_create_plan in -lfftw... no
checking for fftw_create_plan in -ldfftw... no
checking for rfftw_one in -lrfftw... no
checking for rfftw_one in -ldrfftw... no
configure: error: You need to install the fftw libraries from
www.fftw.org

OK, there are various fftw libraries in Debian (woody, recent testing
distro)

schubert:~# apt-cache search fftw
sfftw-dev - Library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms
sfftw2 - Library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms
k7fftwgel-dev - Library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms on AMD K7
fftw-dev - Library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms
fftw2 - Library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms
k7fftwgel2 - Library for computing Fast Fourier Transforms on AMD K7
(there were also k6 and P4 optimised packages listed,
but the K7 is the one for me)

I tried installing sfftw2 fftw2 in turn, but neither of them made
/.configure any happier. I think this has to do with library paths -
can someone please explain in pretty basic terms what I have to do about
this?

PS I just tried with k7fftw-dev too, no joy.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk