Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA and usb-audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA and usb-audio
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 12:34:57 EEST

Joseph Zitt wrote:

>>If you already have that or even better a fresh cvs version, have you
>>set up a file with fake cdda tracks in it?
>>
>>eg.
>>
>>mkdir cdtrks
>>cd cdtrks
>>touch "track01.cdda" "track02.cdda" ....
>>
>>Then you should open a playlist in alsaplayer and load those tracks as
>>if they were oggs or any other sound file on your hdd.
>

> OK, having done so, creating the cdtrks directory under my home
> directory and touching the requisite number of tracks: the tracks load
> in alsaplayer with durations of 00:00 and do not play.
>
> Is there another step I'm missing?

a cd :)

No it sounds like you have done everything correctly so I don't know
what could be the cause.

A few more things you could check are the permissions for /dev/cdrom
and where /dev/cdrom is linked to

ls -l /dev/cdrom

it should be linked to /dev/hdb or /dev/hdc.

You could also try using the cvs version of alsaplayer.

----
su

cd /usr/local/src/music/ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous_AT_cvs.alsaplayer.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/alsaplayer login

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous_AT_cvs.alsaplayer.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/alsaplayer -z3 co alsaplayer

cd alsaplayer

./bootstrap;./configure;make;make install ----

And if that still doesn't work then you may have exhausted my knowledge of getting a cdplayer working through the cdda interface.

-- Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd. For the discerning hardware connoisseur http://www.boosthardware.com http://www.boosthardware.com/LAU/guide/ ========================================