Re: [linux-audio-user] final scratch audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] final scratch audio
From: Adriaan Pelzer (adriaan_AT_trispen.com)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 10:42:24 EEST

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 01:27, hellen wrote:
> just get
> > any old turntable and wire it into an old ps/2
> > mouse.
>
> how?

I built a bracket for one of the mousewheels (wheels inside the mouse
turned by the ball) and fixed this to the stylus. In this way the wheel
gets turned when you turn the table with the stylus on. The difficult
part was to fix the sensors around the wheel again, as they had to be
removed with the piece of PC board they were on from the main PC board.
I think you get mice with a fixed sensor/wheel unit - they will work
better.

Regards,

Adriaan Pelzer