Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] a brief update and a request
From: Russell Neches (russell_AT_ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 17:36:45 EEST

Wow!

I'm building a computer for my little sister this week (her first
Linux box). She will love this book, so you can tell your publisher
that you've got at least two sales. ^_^

Will you post updates to this list? I'd love to know how things are
going.

I've got access to i386, mips, sparc, sparc64, alpha, and ppc (and
maybe arm) all running Debian testing. You're probably going to focus
on i386, but if you want to try things on any of these architectures,
I'd be glad to help. I'm sure other people on the list would be glad
to offer their knowledge of specific bits of hardware to which you
might not have access.

I also know a number of people in the "taper scene" (I always think of
tapirs when I hear that term - click click). Some of them are
extremely knowledgeable when it comes to recording and mastering live
music (proper micing, sound-board feeds, fiddling with DAT, et
cetera). If you like, I can put the word out to see if any of them
would be interested in contributing to your research.

Russell