Re: [linux-audio-user] ReBorn, ReBirth clone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ReBorn, ReBirth clone
From: Steve Mosher (steve_AT_wirelessisland.net)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 05:34:50 EEST

On Thursday 15 August 2002 15:18, Rob Kudla wrote:
> On Thursday 15 August 2002 14:06, jordan muscott wrote:
> > Have propellerheads aquired some of the rights from roland or something
> > like that?
>
> I think it's just another example of a company threatening a free software
> developer with a groundless lawsuit knowing he hasn't the time or money to
> defend it.
>
> Rob

It shouldn't matter, in any case. The source should be released sans-UI, at
least, so that someone else can bolt a custom UI onto it. I've played with it
a bit, and really, awkward hardware UIs are quite terrible when translated to
software.

Ergo, I say dream up a new (better) UI. I'd be tempted to do it myself if only
I'd access to the source.