Re: [linux-audio-user] hardware mixing.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] hardware mixing.
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 13:58:14 EEST

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:58:17 +0900,
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>>Juan Linietsky wrote:
>>

>>>Hi, isnt the ensoniq 1371 supposed to have two channels?
>>>I have one of those, but never got the second one to work.
>>>

>>It's probably because they won't release the required code to get it
>>working. It is the same for intel8x0 devices :(
>

> hmm, are you sure that intel8x0 accepts multiple channels?
> i know of some boards supporting multi-channels up to 6 but it's
> accessed as one interleaved stream, so not suitable for the purpose of
> this subject.
>
> and this, multi-channel playback, is already working on alsa as long
> as it uses one ac97 codec chip. the handling of multiple codec is
> not implemented properly yet.

Ok. Sorry for the misinformation. Is it the cmipci that the manufacturer
will not provide the complete specs for? I s'pose not because they are
also ac97 chips. It could be that I'm out of date compared to you though :)

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur