[linux-audio-user] Mandrake kernels was Re: [linux-audio-announce] [alsa-announce] 0.9.0rc3

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Mandrake kernels was Re: [linux-audio-announce] [alsa-announce] 0.9.0rc3
From: iriXx (m_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 15:39:12 EEST

just read this post on the Announce list - great news :)

i havent been following alsa developments lately, but i was just going to
enquire about the mandrake kernel fix. would this be by any chance a fix for
the sort of problems i've had on Mdk 8.2, where the kernel loads the modules
fine, but no sound happens? lsmod shows me that all the modules are there
quite happily, but if i do cat /proc/interrupts i have no sound device
showing.

i'll download the new rc3 and try it - in the meantime, if anyone has any
ideas on why my modules are loading fine but soundcard isnt appearing at all
in /proc/interrupts, i'd be very grateful for some help.

i'm running a Thinkpad 600E, but i'm having exaclty the same problem on my
home-built desktop, also running mandrake and using an AWE 64 and a Turtle
beach pinnacle. The AWE64 autoconfigures fine, but the Turtle beach card
doesnt show up in /proc/interrupts at all. i've had both running successfully
under Mandrake 8.0 - it was only since 8.1 that i've experienced these
problems - i'd assumed it was due to me having too many bits of hardware
jammed into the desktop machine, until i found the same problem happening on
my laptop.

best,

iriXx / miriam