Re: [linux-audio-user] low budget musician soundcard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] low budget musician soundcard
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 14:12:08 EEST

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 12:18:55PM +0200, Olivier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for a couple of weeks I'm already looking around for a soundcard to buy. I
> would like digital (S/PDIF) in/out, external MIDI and full duplex (all
> working with Alsa drivers)

I've noticed that Philips have come out with a low cost sound card that
has S/PDIF I/O. I don't know (a) if it also has MIDI or (b) what Linux
support is available for it.

M-Audio (Midiman) do cards swith S?PDIF I/O and there is supposed to be
ALSA support, though I coun't get that working on my DIO2448.

Not much help, but I hope you let us know what you end up with.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk