[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] Re: Audio hardware for Linux/ALSA/Csound

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] Re: Audio hardware for Linux/ALSA/Csound
From: David Gerard Matthews (spektralman_AT_linuxfreemail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 00:51:51 EEST

Output to a CD burner happens indepently of the soundcard. Your CSound
file will be rendered to disk as as .wav file. You then import the .wav
file into the CD burning softwar, and the data goes direct from your hard
drive to the burner with no intervention from the soundcard whatsoever.
At that point, it doesn't matter whether your soundcard is a Hammerfall or
a $5 Creative ISA card, the output on the CD will be the same. The
soundcard is only involved when you want to listen to your rendered files,
when you want to record samples, or when you want to process audio in
realtime.
Hope that helps,
dgm