[linux-audio-user] Determining the proper names of things

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Determining the proper names of things
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 17:22:27 EEST

Hi,
   I've set a couple of machines up recently with Alsa, Jack and Ardour. The
audio part of things is basically starting to work pretty well.

   However, Ardour want to know the name of my MIDI device and I don't know
where to look to find the correct name. Case at hand, one machine has the
Audiophile 2496 for MIDI, while the other would use a SB Audigy. Where do I
go (what file or what /proc entry) to get this info?

Thanks,
Mark