[linux-audio-user] ADAT/PCR Interface - anyone have any experience with this?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ADAT/PCR Interface - anyone have any experience with this?
From: Jason MacDermott (jmacdermott_AT_rogers.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 06:35:11 EEST

I am getting closer to purchasing some hardware to integrate my home studio, and basically base it around, Linux. I have been looking at the ALSA drivers and need to determine what hardware to get so that I can do some mutli-track recording.

Midiman's Delta 1010 looks good, but as I already have an ADAT, I was wondering if the ADAT/PCR card would do the trick to get info to/from the tape, so that I could work on it in the computer and then send it all back as 8 channels?

Has anyone used this setup before, and can they recommend it or advise against it?

Thanks,
Jason