RE: [linux-audio-user] monophonic audio -> MIDI

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] monophonic audio -> MIDI
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 20:40:48 EEST

Jordan,
   Neither do I. I run Windows apps under Linux all the time. Some using
Wine. Some using Win4Lin. Some work well. Some do not. I disagree that it
is, to quote 'blatantly obvious' as you say.

   At a minimum I would think that forward thinking, interested individuals
/might/ want to know what's out there in the world. Possibly some of this
will work with Alsa. Probably most of it won't. So what?

   This sort of tribalism gets us nowhere. My view - we're here because we
have an interest in audio under Linux and sometimes you have to look outside
of what exists in this environment to figure out where you're going.

   Flames -> /dev/null. If you don't like the content of an email on a
reflector, do what I do, delete it or start a flame war. My inputs were
given in a positive manner. wb chose the second.

With best regards,
Mark